Spicy fish curry in coconut milk is a popular dish that combines the rich flavors of fish, aromatic spices, and creamy coconut milk. This dish is a staple in many coastal regions and is loved for its bold and vibrant taste. Whether you’re a seafood lover or simply looking to try something new, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Photo Credit: Lakhs Restaurant PTE Ltd
– Fresh fish fillets (such as cod, snapper, or tilapia)
– Onion, finely chopped
– Garlic cloves, minced
– Ginger, grated
– Green chili peppers, sliced (adjust according to your spice preference)
– Curry leaves
– Turmeric powder
– Red chili powder
– Coriander powder
– Cumin powder
– Garam masala powder
– Salt to taste
– Coconut milk
– Vegetable oil
– Fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Start by cleaning the fish fillets and cutting them into pieces. Set them aside.
2. In a large pan or pot, heat some vegetable oil over medium heat.
3. Add the finely chopped onion, minced garlic, grated ginger, and sliced green chili peppers to the pan. Sauté until the onions become translucent and the mixture becomes fragrant.
4. Add a few curry leaves to the pan and stir them in for additional flavor.
5. Sprinkle in the turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to coat the onion mixture with the spices.
6. Pour in the coconut milk, stirring gently to combine the flavors.
7. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for a few minutes to allow the spices to infuse into the coconut milk.
8. In a separate pan, deep fry your fish and carefully add the fish pieces to the coconut milk pan, making sure they are submerged in the coconut milk. Be gentle to avoid breaking the fish.
9. Reduce the heat to low and let the fish simmer in the coconut milk for about 10-15 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and tender.
10. Sprinkle some garam masala powder over the curry for an extra burst of flavor.
11. Taste the curry and adjust the salt and spices according to your preference.
12. Remove the pan from heat and garnish the fish curry with fresh cilantro leaves.
13. Enjoy your spicy fish curry with steamed rice or roti.
you need in Fiji.